(Teacher/Parent Led Activities – no instructor required)
- Burma Trail (30 to 40mins). To negotiate the course using all of your senses, except sight. Start at one end of the course and finish at other using only the rope as a guide. Group and personal challenge.
- Catapult (30 to 40mins). The group build 2 catapults out of equipment provided, the catapults must be free standing, and able to fire a golf ball as far as possible. Competition firing will be held at the end of activity rotations.
- Camp Fire A great final night – do skits, sing and have plenty of fun around the fire.
- Code Cracker (30 to 40mins). Teams search for numbered letters and collect enough to crack the code.
- Flying Fox (no set time)
- Mine field (30 to 40mins). Navigate through the minefield. Cooperation, memory/listening skills are gained.
- Waterslide (summer). (40min to 1 hour). Slide down a hill!
- Orienteering (short course 40 to 50mins/ long course 1 to 2 hours). Introduction to map skills, cooperation, and group skills.
- Raft Build (30 to 40mins). Each group will build 2 to 3 rafts that will support 2 to 3 persons with the equipment provided. On completion the group will chose one raft that the group will race at the end of the activity rotations.
- Shelter Build (30 to 40mins). Build a free standing shelter that the entire group will fit under by using the materials provided.
- The Challenges (20min per challenge). We have a number of fun group challenges that can be set up for use.
- The Night Sky (1 to 2 hours). On a clear night go looking for The Southern Cross and other star clusters with the help of a star chart (provide your own torches).
- Raukawa Falls Walk (1 hour return). Walk along the river bank to the stunning Raukawa Falls.
- Walking the Plank (30 to 40mins). The team is divided in two groups, starting at opposite ends of a plank the goal is to reach the other end without any member falling off or touching the ground. Excellent co-operation exercise.
- Swimming (1 to 2 hours summer only). Swimming in the Mangawhero River beside the camp.
- All self-led and qualified self-led activites are FREE.